Governor’s Awards for Local Government Excellence
Each year, these awards recognize local governments and individuals that have found creative ways to improve their communities.
The Governor's Awards for Local Government Excellence are a celebration of successful local government initiatives in many areas. In total, eight local government leaders and eight communities across the state receive awards that are presented at the annual local Government Day Ceremony.
Submit Your Project for Consideration
The deadline to submit the application is
December 5, 2014.
In partnership with the organizations listed below, the Governor's Center for Local Government Services sponsors the annual Local Government Day Ceremony and awards presentation to honor local governments and officials who serve their communities and improve quality of life.
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors
- Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs
- Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Governments
- PA Chapter of American Planning Association
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Commissioners
- Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association
- Pennsylvania Municipal League
- County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania