Governor’s Awards for Local Government Excellence
Each year, these awards recognize local governments and individuals that have found creative ways to improve their communities.
The Governor’s Awards for Local Government Excellence are a celebration of successful local government initiatives within a variety of award themes. The Governor’s Center for Local Government Services will present the awards at the 19th Annual Local Government Day award ceremony on April 15th, 2015, in the Atrium of the Commonwealth Keystone Building.
2015 Award Winners
Eight communities throughout Pennsylvania are recognized for innovative projects and initiatives relating to the eight award themes:
- Building Community Partnerships
- Responding to Adversity
- Promoting Community/Economic Revitalization
- Innovative Community/Governmental Initiatives
- Fiscal Accountability and Best Management Practices
- Innovative Planning and Sound Land Use Practices
- Intergovernmental Cooperation
- Information Technology
Additionally, eight local government leaders are selected by partner organizations of the Governor’s Center for Local Government Services for their exemplary service and dedication to local government in Pennsylvania.
The Governor’s Center for Local Government Services would like to thank each partner organization for the continued support of the annual Local Government Day ceremony:
- PA State Association of Township Supervisors (PSATS)
- PA State Association of Boroughs (PSAB)
- PA State Association of Township Commissioners (PSATC)
- PA Municipal League (PML)
- County Commissioners Association of PA (CCAP)
- PA Association of Councils of Governments (PACOG)
- PA Chapter of American Planning Association (PA APA)
- PA Municipal Authorities Association (PMAA)